The IET Board have delegated powers to the AOCs specifically around the Ofsted judgements of Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development.
Key roles and responsibilities of the AOC include:
- Upholding the Trust vision and values
- Implementation of actions required to comply with statutory regulations and documentation
- Implementation and monitoring of local policies.
- Supporting and challenging the leadership of the academy on quality of care and quality of provision.
- Provide internal assurance and, to develop the local community and employer links.
- Undertake the role of ‘critical friend’ to:
- offer support, constructive advice, a sounding board for ideas, a second opinion on proposals and help where needed;
- challenge, ask questions, request information, improve proposals and seek to arrive at the best solution;
- give an honest opinion and well-tempered advice, even if it might not be what is expected;
- act as an advocate promoting the interests of the academies, and students to the community.
- monitor the implementation and impact of the decisions it has