Senior Student Leadership Team and Prefects, process has opened to Year 10 Students. The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 3 May at 9.00am email to email@example.com or hand to Mr Barlow (download the application below).
For Students interested in being part of the Prefect Team please follow the link - see link to the expression of interest form Microsoft Forms
We are delighted to announce that the application process for the Senior Student Leadership Team and Prefect positions for 2022-23 at South Axholme Academy has opened. Last week, students in Year 10 received a special assembly regarding the leadership opportunities ahead. Students can apply for a both roles and I would encourage you to discuss this with your child.
Please see the summary of the selection process below.
Senior Student Leadership Team (formerly known as Head Boy and Head Girl)
South Axholme Academy has a long tradition of providing students with enhanced leadership opportunities beyond the curriculum. This year we are seeking applications from students who would like to hold a position within the Senior Student Leadership Team. This is a competitive selection process which provides students with opportunities similar to that of when applying for jobs or college / university courses.
The process is, like previous years decided by the student council: -
- W/c 11 April - Application Forms on Teams (deadline for receipt of applications)
- Tuesday 3 May - Application deadline day
- Monday 9 May - Shortlisted candidates Virtual Teams presentation to whole school
Students and staff vote after viewing the presentations.
- W/b 16 May - Final candidates interviewed by Principal, CEO, and member of the Governing Body
Attached is the Senior Student Leadership form which needs returning either by hand to Mr Barlow or via the admin email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to appoint a group of Prefects to assist in the day to day running of the Academy as well as representing the Academy at whole school events, working with younger students and to be involved in interviews and / or discussions with visitors.
- W/c 11 April - Expression of interest form on Teams and emailed to parents
- Tuesday 3 May - Expressions of interest form deadline day
- Monday 9 May - Academy staff nominate those students who have expressed an interest
- W/b 23 May - Prefects appointed, and a group of reserves selected
Prefects - see link to the expression of interest form Microsoft Forms
Students successful would start their roles on Monday 6 June, and their duties would take them up to the end of Year 11. In the past the process, and then those selected has proved to be a great learning opportunity for students, many of whom develop and blossom during their time in role. I would hope as many students as possible consider the roles and apply.