The Academy prides itself on the behaviour and attitude to learning of all students. The correct wearing of the Academy uniform is central to this. By wearing our uniform, students visibly belong to the South Axholme learning community. By adhering to the dress code, students arrive at the Academy ready to work, and staff are able to concentrate on the core business of teaching and learning.
Academy uniform can be purchased from any suitable outlet except ties and jumpers. Ties must be purchased directly from the Academy and jumpers may be obtained via the online uniform shop, SWI Schoolwear. SWI also offer the full range of our uniform on their website which can be accessed at swischoolwear.co.uk where you can create an account. All PE kit must be purchased from SWI.
The links below provide more information about the company, sizing and pricing.
Update from SWI. Please click here to view.
If you purchase a plain black blazer from the high street, the academy badge can be purchased directly from the academy which will then need stitching on to the blazer.
Please ensure that anything purchased on the high street meets the specifications listed below.
Academy Uniform from September 2021
- Black blazer with academy badge
- Full length plain black tailored trousers (not ankle grazers) or plain black tailored skirt (not shorter than 3 fingers widths above the knee (nothing stretchy or clingy))
- Plain white shirt which buttons up to neck (long or short sleeve)
- Academy tie (available from the academy)
- Plain black, flat shoes (no canvas shoes/trainers/sneakers of any kind, plimsolls or boots). No coloured adornments and logos of any type on any footwear
- Black or white socks (not over the knee) or black opaque tights
- Plain black belt with plain buckle
- Black academy jumper with purple trim (available in long or short sleeve options via SWI)
- Coat (not hoodies, denim or leather jackets)
The following are not allowed:
- Jewellery/piercings of any type, no Apple or android watches except a wrist watch
- Jeans, leggings, “skinny” clothing of any kind
- Make-up is discouraged, but if it is to be worn then it must be natural
- Nail varnish or acrylic nails
- Extreme hairstyles including non-natural dyed hair, shaved/extremely short hair, Mohican and pattern/stripe shaving
- Black PE polo shirt with academy badge
- Black PE shorts with academy badge
- Black sports socks with academy lettering
- Training shoes/football boots (optional)
- Black ¼ zip training top with academy badge
- Black training pants with academy badge
- Gum shield
- Shin pads